Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How to Make Infused Calendula Oil

 Posted by Paola

Yesterday I helped my mom make Calendula oil to put in my soap and to use for my dog. Here are the steps to make the oil in the crock pot. 

1. Place 1/2  ounce of Calendula flowers and 1 cup grape seed oil in the the the crock pot. (You can also use massage oil.) 

2. Let it boil at a low heat for two hours.

3. Put a cheese cloth  over a cup. Pour the oil into it. Pull the cheese cloth out of the cup and let the oil drip from it.

4. Let the oil cool. Then pour the oil into a jar. (If you have to, use a funnel.)

I use the oil on bruises, cuts, muscle soreness, sprains, stings, and wounds. It is useful to have in a first aid kits. Most people have Marigold flowers in their gardens.

Plant Family:Asteraceae

It is also known as Marigold.

Later I am going to make my Calendula oil into soap.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe! I think this would help my allergy-prone itchy dog. Stop by my blog today, I highlighted your blog. Great job on this post! http://thehomeschooldesk.com/2010/02/homeschool-kid-bloggers-pedranti-online.html

jo said...

Thank you for the comment! We love your blog too!
Posted by Paola

Related Posts with Thumbnails