Monday, April 12, 2010

Gardening Update - April 12th

Posted by Paola
The most exciting thing that happened this week was getting our first ripe strawberry! Alex and I split it in half and tried it. It was delicious. 


On the weekend, we transplanted the tomato plants.

We had to cut open the plastic container that held the tomato plants.


Before we added soil to the boxes, we had to fill it with rocks so the water drains slower.



                             Both of our pepper plants have one large pepper on it. I can't wait until it is ripe.



                             We also planted some of the tomatoes and peppers in one pot. In the other pots, we    planted three tomatoes  next to each other.


                             The lettuce we bought at the store are very big now. 



                              We have two tomatillos on the tomatillo plant. Our jalepeno plants are a little bit bigger now. I can't wait until we can get a jalepeno pepper to eat.


Our parsley are a lot bigger now.


                    Our thyme is very delicious.  


           We also have a mint plant and the leaves smell good.


Our rosemary plant is one of my favorite herbs.


My favorite herb that I have tried is oregano. My family used rosemary, thyme, and oregano in the frittata we had for dinner last night.


Bye! We hope you come back and see our next gardening update.

5 comments:

Wayne Pedranti said...

Wow it is amazing to see all the progress.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Your garden looks wonderful!!

Far Above Rubies said...

Your garden is absolutely beautiful. Great job!!

Rieshy said...

The strawberry looked delicious!

I'm surprised your peppers are already that large. Everything you've planted looks green and healthy- I hope our plants do as well.

Paola said...

Thank you for the nice comments. The strawberry we ate was the most delicious strawberry I have ever tasted.

Paola

Related Posts with Thumbnails