Monday, March 1, 2010

My Favorite Horse Books

Posted by Paola
This is a post I originally wrote on my Horse blog:






Today I want to tell you a little bit about my favorite horse books.

I like to read a book series called "The Phantom Stallion." It is about a girl who fell off her wild colt, and the colt ran away. The girl's name is Sam. The colt grew up to be a leader of a herd of wild horses. At night, when people see the stallion, they think it is a phantom. It's white coat probably makes it look like one too, especially at night. Sam decides to let the horse stay in the wild. Every night, she goes out to the river, and her horse comes to her. He seems to be calmer with her at night.
















The "Black Stallion" is also one of my favorite book series. It is about a boy named Alec and a wild black horse that only he can get near. Its name is The Black, and he has many adventures in many places. In one book, he goes to the Everglades National Park. There is even a TV series about Alec and the Black. The name of the TV series is "The Adventures of the Black Stallion."

  















I am also reading a book called "A Glory of Unicorns." It is a book with many fairy tales about unicorns.

Stay tuned, I will make posts about each chapter in the book.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Great book reviews. My oldest daughter loves riding horses. I'll tell her about these books. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

jo said...

Thank you for the comment! I love to read too. Every time I read a book I am hooked to it. Sometimes I am even reading all day.

Posted by Paola

Terri Farley said...

Paola -- I'm so happy you like Sam's river scenes with the horse that once was hers, and still loves her. I've always thought there was something magical about horses in the moonlight.
Thanks for reading,
Terri

jo said...

Thank you for the nice comment! My birthday is coming up, and books in the "Phantom Stallion" series are on my wish list. I will love to read more of them!
Posted by Paola

Related Posts with Thumbnails